My goodness, everything these days are giving me butterflies of excitement.
So much is going on that confirms our trip is REALLY happening.
This week we 'celebrated' (so-to-say) two milestones in our countdown....ONE MONTH until we travel and ONE MONTH until we hold our precious baby (ok, maybe not so baby - but she will be OUR baby) girl!!!
We received the list of families that are travelling with us, along with our first set of travel notes from our agency. I have made contact with each of the other families, there are 9 in all (including us)...much more than 3 like originally thought by our orphanage.
We bought ourselves a little video camera for our trip. Noah is very proud that this will be HIS responsibility to video tape.
We went shopping to get some 'travel' jackets for Noah and I (rather than bringing big bulky winter coats) for our trip that are warm, wind proof and water proof. All three of us also got ourselves new toques.
We are still waiting on updates from 2 sources on Faith....I just want to see her sweet face again (and not the same 3 photos we've been staring at for 3 months now! I did email Ann (at Red Thread) and she emailed the orphanage on Friday morning so hopefully we'll wake up to a photo or two of our precious girl one morning next week.
This coming week, I will be preparing some more freezer meals (in preparation when we come home from China). I may also get out our suitcases and lay them out in Faith's room to start gauging what kind of room we have to determine if we are going to pay for an extra suitcase or not.
I know, I know...I'm a list maker and an organizer at heart....so I am just soaking in all there is to do with great anticipation and much joy! Maybe I'm a little ahead of schedule, but the way I look at it is this IS part of the excitement of our trip, so I want to enjoy every LAST minute of it (and I am)!!!
It's been a LONG while
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment