Wednesday, October 24, 2012

22 days and counting

Our countdown continues until we leave for China! 

Oh and did I mention 26 days until we have our sweet little peanut in our arms....

I spent almost an hour and a half on the phone with our agency this week.  I swear, he is so excited for each of the family they form.  He walked me through Gotcha Day (for those of you who don't know the 'lingo' - Gotcha Day means the day we get Faith in our arms).  Talked about 'the FOUR of us walking the halls' holding hands (as a way to attach)...that made my heart do a flip and a half....

MORIN - PARTY OF 4

We received our travel notes and I've contacted each family, and introduced ourselves.  I've been emailing one family privately and we chatted on the phone yesterday.  She has a 10 year old son who has similar interests of Noah...can't wait to meet all the families.

We realized that Faith will be the only girl being adopted this trip (out of the 9 families)!

Jacques is going to the bank today to get all of the cash we need to travel (and now we are just one step closer to being broke)!! lol 

It all seems SO real....and it is!  It's just been such a long time coming, it seems all surreal!!!

TODAY...I got all of our suitcases out and layed them out in Faith's room.  I began by putting all the Canadiana stuff I got for the orphanage and the gifts I got for the officials.  I also put in the little snacks and toys we brought for Faith.  After I realized that 2 suitcases are almost full with this stuff....I looked over at the clothes we are bringing for Faith and soon realized that I may have to 're-think' my packing strategies because there is very little room left for our clothes now - YIKES!!!

It's all GOOD....Jacques, my husband always reminds me that I am the BEST organizer (he claims that's why he married me after seeing our 'wedding spreadsheet')!!!  I WILL make it work.....

It's just so exciting....can ya tell I'm just a little excited!!!

No comments: