Monday, October 24, 2011

Changes and More Paperwork progress

I decided to take the full weekend off of working out and give my body a break - which was perfect, considering Jacques and Noah were away and the fact that I got 64% of our paperwork for INTRO2 completed (after approximately 12 hours of typing)!

So back at it today for my workouts!

Today's workout was a bit different in how I came out of the gym feeling like.  I came out feeling a little dizzy and light headed.  I was at the gym from about 10:30-12:00 noon because I had an apt first thing in the morning (which is when I usually go to the gym).  I didn't think about eating my snack heading into the gym because I always eat my morning snack on the way home from the gym (which is usually around 10:30 am when I am done).

So I think I need to make some changes in my diet.  I am going to contact the dietitian and my doctor just to be certain of my caloric intake is healthy through this process.  BUT....for now, I am going to bump up my protein for breakfast, grab a few almonds BEFORE I head into the gym for my work out and possibly bump my calories up just a bit again.

I had started this process off (as kind of a cleanse) at around 1000 calories per day, then bumped my intake to about 1200 calories per day - maybe I will try 1300 calories now.  I'm just SO scared to go up too much and all this work NOT work because of my calorie levels and I am equally as scared to do this in a NON healthy way.  I WANT to be healthy doing this.

I snuck on the scales (SHAME ON ME) on Monday morning and I saw that I was down another 2.5 lbs!  I'm so excited of the progress and the fact that I am doing it RIGHT.

OH and...not sure if I documented the progress on my strength or not.  

OK...here goes:

The first week we were at the gym, Noah and I were doing 'crunches' (NOT complete sit ups because shamefully, I couldn't even get up to do ONE full sit up).  WELL....last week, I tried it again to do a full sit up and VOILA - not only did I do ONE full sit up but I did 10 FULL SIT-UPS!!!

From last week to this week, I'm only doing FULL SIT-UPs now with extra weights on my chest.  YUP...I started with a 3kg ball on my chest and got to 2 sets (the first set of 15 and the second was about 12).  Just yesterday, I went up to a 5kg ball on my chest and did 2 sets of 15.

PLUS...I started a new (and harder way too).  I layed straight out on my back with my hands straight above my head (laying down - so my hands, holding the ball are in a straight line with my body lying on the floor).  I pulled myself ALL THE WAY UP with my arms extended over my head the whole time and brought the ball to my toes (so kinda like I was bending my body in two) and back.  AND....I did this 15 times, took a break and again for about 9 times.

HOLY strength PROGRESS.....I'm SO excited to get back there today to do this again.  I can feel my waist and hips just shrinking away.  I LOVE it!!!



As for the paperwork (that I SO love doing) - poor Jacques, he looks forward to having a baby but this paperwork he just DREADS doing!   I've tried to help him out in the sense that I try to apply his answers from our previous paperwork but this set of paperwork is SO much more detailed that I can't for a good bunch of the questions.

So far, up until tonight I got Noah to answer his questions (about 25 more minutes) and I've typed Jacques answers as he narrates to me (about another 30 minutes of work).

I am very happy to report that we are AHEAD of MY schedule (want to be done by Friday) to get this round of paperwork done. 

We have completed 200 out of 248 questions (all of which are Jacques to complete) so we are about 81% of our paperwork for INTRO2!!!

We are making progress baby - SO exciting.

I want to be able to call on Friday to say that we are almost complete so we can get working on INTRO3.

Once all of OUR side of the paperwork is done, then we just wait for our INFO and TRAINING session (which is PRIDE) on Jan 13 & 14 (in Fredericton), then our home study! 

It's really moving right along!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sooo excited for you all as a family! Yes it will be hard work, but... you are the most amazing woman and I know you will succeed! Lots of love and prayers for you on this incredible journey! I will be staying tuned in!

Lori :)