I can't believe we are down to the last night before we leave....
Lists have been my best friend these past few weeks. I feel a sense of accomplishment and usually get a big grin when I can 'CHECK, CHECK, CHECK' off my list! I've used an Apple app called 'Paperless' - it has helped me plan, plan, plan.
Now that all the planning is done, today was the 'execution' of the planning.
But FIRST, some pampering "ME" time for a manicure and pedicure.
Before going to be pampered, I had last minute running around to do. Once I got home, I chatted with my sister and my cousin and ate lunch (way) too late. Then I hit a wall in my day after ending up with a SPLITTING headache. Three Advil, 45 minutes with my feet up....and I was able to muster up enough energy to continue packing.
We got it ALL done....
....AND.....the bonus, ALL suitcases are underweight!!!
After finishing packing all the suitcases (except our carry on and one big suitcase, which I will leave open for the last minute things), I straighted Faith's closet (where I had been throwing all the things 'trip related' for months now). There were several items that we decided NOT to take with us and lots of 'packaging garbage'. I got it all cleaned out, cleaned her room and now it's all ready for her!
I am in utter shock with just HOW calm I feel, tired and excited, but calm! I guess because we have been planning on this for so many months now, I'm READY.
So this is what it comes down to....I'm ready to go get our girl!
Tomorrow we leave home, to drive (2 hours) to Fredericton. We will stay with Jacques' sister overnight and she will drive us to the airport on Thursday morning!
Until nextime....
T
It's been a LONG while
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment