I GET that this is BEST case scenerio...but a girl can dream!!!
For those of you who know little about international adoption (as we did coming into this, actually truth be known I thought I knew a little but I continue to be amazed at how little I actually know), there are many MaNy MANY little steps to bringing a child home. Each step of the process that we can 'check off' so to say feels like a huge accomplishment, so it IS fun to calculate our timeline and look at what we've done so far.
So now that we are this far, you can read the time line of the work we've done SO FAR on my page called ADOPTION TIMELINE (see the top of the page where it says HOME, Adoption Timeline and Health Progress - click on the timeline to view our dates so far).
And....for those of you that wish to know what lies ahead or what's up next, this is the post you'll want to read.
KEEP IN MIND that this is MY wishful thinking with all of my lack of all knowledge guesstimates!!! Of course, I will periodically update it to be as accurate as I can.
ALSO, keep in mind that for some strange reason (and knock on wood that something should change) everything in our process is going faster than I had EVER imagined - hopefully, we will keep this trend!
Note our LID (or log in date) is very important because without this, we can get NO referral.
Then our REFERRAL date is next important because this is when we see our sweet Faith's face for the first time! THIS is when you will all have to pinch me and pick me up off the floor and remind me that this is REALLY real!!! lol
UP
NEXT...
-
wait for home study to be written (hopefully by March 1)
-
Provincial Approval (hopefully by March 15)
-
Dossier to agency - FOI (hopefully by March 20)
-
Translation/Notarization by Chinese Embassy (hopefully by Apr 3)
- Dossier to China (DTC) (hopefully by mid April)
-
Log In Date (LID) (hopefully by beginning of May)
- Referral (hopefully by mid June)
-
Letter of Intent (LOI) (we send this the same day or one day later)
-
Pre Approval (PA) (we receive this from China hopefully mid June plus a few days)
-
Letter of Approval (from China) (LOA) (hopefully by August)
-
Travel Approval (TA)
- TRAVEL TO CHINA to have our sweet baby girl in our arms(hopefully September)
No comments:
Post a Comment