That COULD HAVE potentially been fatal to our process.
BUT...we got it all worked out in less than 24 hours and LOTS of praying!
So apparently CHINA (according to our social worker) will not allow people that have had cancer to adopt. (I don't think it's this harsh - but according to our social worker, had this been the case she would not have continued with our home study).
You see....
in 1997 I had some issues with my cervix and 2 ways of calling what I had are 1. severe dysplasia or 2. adenocarcinoma in situ - but of which are the same things. BOTH are the PREcancer cells.
SOOO...the doctor wrote this 'adenocarcinoma in situ' and the social worker took this as I HAD cancer - but I DIDN'T (don't worry)!
She told us we couldn't continue and that we would have to choose another country UNLESS she had the approval of the Adoption Supervisor, WHO, I couldn't get a hold of :(
When all was said and done, I spoke with the Adoption Supervisor who told me that I would have to have the doctor to re-do my cover letter.
ALL this had to be done before Friday OR ELSE our scheduled apt on Sunday to complete our visits for our home study could NOT happen :(
I called our family doctor at 8:40 am and explained to the secretary (and not the usual secretary) our situation. At 10:00 am, the secretary called us back and said that the letter had been typed, signed AND faxed. SAY WHAT???
I was utterly impressed and SO overjoyed....we brought our doctor and her staff a potted flower, chocolates and Noah bought a cute little teddy bear with HIS own money that says 'You're SWEET'. He told Dr. Allie that it was the least he could do to save his Mom some stress!!!
She thought I had gone above and beyond with our gifts...but on the contrary, I think SHE went above and beyond!
Love is in the air....
MOST importantly....I can't stop thinking about our Faith and LOVE. She has the love of our family and she doesn't even know it yet.
Sweet hugs and kisses for my girl on this day of Valentine's Love tonight! xox
It's been a LONG while
4 years ago
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! What a relief!
Post a Comment