Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm so sad I could cry...

OH wait a second - I did cry (and hard).  I couldn't stop yesterday morning, I just babbled in Jacques arms out of PURE discouragement.

You see, I snuck on the scales (just KNOWING I was in for an AMAZING week from all the things I had done to ensure this)!!!

When I saw (as of yesterday) that I had gained 1.8 lbs - I was heart broken, flabber-gasted and completed discouraged.    I have NO idea what's going on.

SO...I pulled out the tape measure to see if possibly I was down a big number in inches and NOPE.  It even appeared my waist was up a half an inch.  BOY...did I sob all day.

 I made an EXECUTIVE decision for myself for TUESDAY only.....

  • I would NOT go to the gym (you see, I've been busting my BUTT to make time to squeeze in the gym this week because the siding is going up on our house and I'm back and forth to the hardware store, running around for the guys and helping clean up the yard)
  • I WOULD eat a treat for lunch - I ate ONE little hot dog with 20g of chips (all in all it was 442 calories) and TASTED so good!
I'm glad I did that...and don't feel guilty one bit!

SO the end result today on weigh in was that I GAINED (again) 0.8 lbs and I'm discouraged because I KNOW, in my heart of hearts that I did EVERYTHING that I could (that has given me success in previous weeks)......
  • lots of hard exercise (5 days) and lots of activity outside of this
  • no eating past 7pm
  • good healthy choices
  • within (mostly under my calories per day)
  • low sodium
  • low caffeine
SO NOW I am COMPLETELY stumped.

Even more so because I went to the doctor last Thursday to get our paperwork done for the adoption.

She re-checked my blood pressure (because it was just slightly on the high side of normal the last time she checked on Sept 21 - which was the FIRST TIME EVER that my BP was ANYTHING other than NORMAL).  I was concerned about it then, read all I could about it and made sure I would do anything I could to bring it down.

As I handed her the adoption paperwork, I was telling her about how the slightly above normal BP reading last time changed me.  I told her about how I came home to read all about blood pressure, so that I could change what I was doing to change this number.  I also told her about Russia's strictness about weight/health and told her I was working my BUTT off to achieve this 'health' for all these reasons.

As we were talking, she said, 'let me check your blood pressure'.

She had a look on her face that wasn't good and said, 'well, you're not going to like this'......

This time, it was 160/90.

You could tell she was a bit stumped when she saw this number. 

NOW....we had been talking about something that had caused lots of stress in our lives, so possibly I was all worked up previous to her taking my pressure.  After checking my heart, she said she would go check another patient then come back to check mine again.  She told me to try and relax while she was gone.

Once she came back and rechecked it was back down to 130/80 and she was more pleased.

She IS sending me for a slew of blood tests and said that losing weight 'should' remedy this problem. 

I also called the dietitian, Allyson and have an appointment with her on Nov 29 to talk over my diet.

Looking forward to having my blood work done to see if anything is going on that I can't figure out right now....

No comments: