Thursday, October 6, 2011

Perseverance

Well I had my first weigh in and I was shocked to only see 1lb lost.

I have done EVERYTHING right - exercise (and lots of hard core cardio - twice a day for Sunday thru Wednesday at the gym and last Wednesday to Friday, lots of walking and activity) and food....keeping it under 1150 calories per day.  

So I ask myself WHY only 1 lb lost.  It's a little frustrating, but then again the first week (from Saturday to Wednesday, I lost 7 lbs so it's possible that had an affect). 

I WILL NOT give up...

I WILL persevere...

At the advise of my gym trainer and a personal trainer (friend of my cousins) - some things I am changing this week to work towards a better result for next week.
  • will start eating supper before we do our evening gym routine.
  • no eating past 7pm, not EVEN one bite.
  • will start eating more calories at breakfast and less for each meal of the day (ending with a low calorie supper. 
  • pump up the gym routine; 45 min cardio in the morning vs. 30 min and in the evening possibly 30 min cardio vs. 15 min. , pump the weights - push myself harder.
  • taking an herbal supplement, Acai with green tea capsule to boost metabolism.
  • putting scales away and not weighing myself until Oct 31.
My EYE is on the PRIZE when I'm pushing myself to limits I didn't know were possible at the gym.  I work on the treadmill/elliptical trainer with my eyes closed and picture the day I meet our daughter for the first time.  The day she is in our arms. 

Lord, give me the perseverance I need to get me to where I need to be.


We rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4

No comments: