Thursday, October 20, 2011

Paperwork (INTRO2) - received Tues Oct 18

I just went through our next round of paperwork to organize what had to be done and schedule my time to work on it!  There is ALOT of work to be done and I'm so excited!  This is SO my cup of tea!!!  This is like a FULL TIME job (and I LOVE it)!!! 


In our next set of paperwork, we need to complete the following:

  • Criminal Checks  (apt set for next Friday)
  • Finger Prints (apt set for next Friday)
  • Medical Checks (calling doctor today to make apt)
  • Financial Statements
  • Self Assessment  (20 questions both Jacques and I have to answer each)
  • Individual Questionnaire (10 questions both Jacques and I have to answer each)
  • Child behaviour and motivation questionnaire (21 questions both J & I have to answer each)
  • Children’s questionnaire (Pre-Teens & Teens) (21 questions Noah has to answer each)
  • Letter of reference from School (see note below) (6 questions for J & I to complete together because we home school)
  • Your Autobiography (Answer in a paragraph-like structure) (17 questions both J & I have to answer each)
  • Cross racial & Cross cultural adoption questionnaire (38 questions both J & I have to answer each)
  • Information of child(ren) already in the home  (8 questions for J & I to complete together)
As a check for myself...I will post updates as we work though all of this paperwork.

So in total - we have 248 questions to answer (and these aren't like 'yes or no' answers - they are all like paragraph form with explanation type of answers) & financial statements to prepare (thank GOODNESS Jacques is an accountant!). 

Once we get close to completing all of this....we get a next pkg of paperwork called INTRO3!

So exciting to be working at it to move forward in our process to adopt!!!

No complaints here!

No comments: