Sunday, May 20, 2012

Garage Sale

Well our fundraising garage sale (to raise money for our orphanage donation) is under way, 5 days early.

Being the long weekend here in Canada (with BEAUTIFUL weather out), someone suggested that I open my doors this weekend to our garage sale (considering I already had everything set up) - so I DID!

Wasn't sure how it would turn out, but in the first 2 days we've raised $238.25 + $53.00 for a GRAND TOTAL of $291.25.

Not only this, but our community has been amazingly giving - have had several other's who have hosted garage sales recently, offering the rest of their garage sale items as a donation for us to sell.  I am BEYOND thrilled and blown away by people's generosity!

I've decided that IF the weather calls for no rain this week, the doors to our garage sale will be open.  If it rains, then I'm taking a BREAK!

On the last Saturday, May 26 - the day we are hosting a BBQ and BAKE SALE - all items will be $1 each or BRING A BAG and fill it for $5.

God has truly blessed this project!

OH and by the way, this is a GREAT distraction to our WAITING game!!!

No comments: