Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Updates...closer to DTC

DTC would mean 'Dossier to China' (a HUGE step forward).


When I got back from my trip from Florida (and might I add that it was fantastic with lots of purchases of clothes for our little Faith girl), our file was at the lawyers office getting notarized. 


It was supposed to be done, but unfortunately it wasn't....then we waited some more over Easter weekend :(


By Tues Apr 10, I called the lawyer and miraculously she had worked on it on the weekend - YAY!  So I went to pick it up, and went straight to Staples to photocopy.


Wednesday, we took a road trip!

On the road by 6:45 A.M.!

First, off to Saint John to Gentle Path Counselling (who coordinate our dossier for our agency) to drop off our files and have him do what he needed to do. 

All was great, except for a little glitch when I waited in the wrong office (beside the person's office I needed to be in) for 30 minutes.  All the while, the person I needed was waiting for me in the office directly beside where I was waiting!  Not that big of a deal, I had to chuckle!

Second, off to Fredericton to drop it off at our provincial office for our official PA (or Provincial Approval).

As soon as we parked the car and walked across the road, who did we see?  Jacques sister, Jacqueline.  We walked through her building and a parking lot to the next building, where we bumped into Jacques OTHER sister, Linda! 

My sweet friend, Diane came with us on our road trip to keep me company!  I'm so thankful for this!

At the end of the day, our file was at our provincial office last Wednesday.

Thursday, got a call from Gentle Path - a mistake, so I had to get the lawyer to re do one page (which she did immediately for me that day).  I shipped it overnight BACK to the provincial office.

As of Tuesday - NO WORD :(

It's gotta be through there soon - and in the hands of our agency soon!

So that's the latest....if all goes well, our file will be in the hands of our agency by the end of the week.  (I had originally hoped for Tuesday or Wednesday - what is taking so long?)

No comments: