I kinda took my eye off the prize tonight :(
OK...so admittedly so, I've been really struggling.
I've still been going to the gym (and totally bringing it when I'm there), still been eating right (except for my treat this weekend) - but internally, I've not been feeling overly motivated to get up and go to the gym.
I KNOW the reason....when I do my HARD cardio days, with my weights - I get SO light headed that sometimes I have to put my head in my arms on the machine to get my bearings again. Once I'm done my weights, I feel fine....UNTIL, I get home. When I get home, I have NO, ZERO, ZILTCH for energy and feel horrible.
This has been going on for a bit now and the reason I contacted the dietitian.
NOW...she had got me to UP my calories to 1400 per day on my 'light' workout days and told me to UP my calories to 1500 (even 1600) on my BIG workout days. I did this on Saturday (my last BIG workout day) and even still, I got home and I felt all woozy and tired.
IT'S DARNED FRUSTRATING....
After my workout Saturday, I talked to the guy that worked at the gym (also a gym teacher and into weights/working out) about how I was feeling (and gave him some back ground - although he's works with my gym trainer as well so he knows my goals) and he highly suggested on my hard workout days to take 2 scoops of protein powder. He offered the suggestion that AFTER each hard workout, I should have only used 2/3's of the calories I consumed before (still having 1/3 left).
WOW...considering I've been having about 400-450 calories for breakfast then burning 350 calories JUST for my cardio - NO WONDER why I've been dizzy doing my weights (I have no energy left)!
SO.....yesterday, I took TWO scoops of the protein powder in my smoothie for breakfast (ate 700 calories JUST for breakfast). I did my hard cardio (burning 350 calories) then did my weights and my abs.
I didn't feel dizzy.
I didn't feel light headed.
AND....
I had energy all day.
YAY...
But wait a minute.....
I don't feel like I pushed myself as hard as I usually do because I'm getting scared of feeling like this.
I mean on my cardio...I only pumped my heart rate to the 140's (rather than the 150's) and the weights....I did 15 my first set then only 10-15 on my second set and some of them I had less weight.
Does this mean I'm slowly giving up?
PLUS......Halloween was last night and I (feel like) completely caved. Well...for ME it feels like this. I ate 4 mini bars, 2 mini candy treats and 1 mini bag of chips (495 calories).
I'm going to KEEP on KEEPING on and surely it will pay off......
THANKFULLY, I am going to the doctor on Thursday so I can address all these issues with her....maybe she'll have a suggestion or two!
Oh this is such a balancing game - and it's so hard!
It's been a LONG while
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment