I am SO motivated by my results so far.
Last Wednesday (I cheated) and stood on the scales - I was blown away with a loss of 6.4 lbs in ONE week. I guess what I am doing is working!
I wanted to see, one step further so I did my measurements (this was from 2 weeks previous). I had lost 8 inches in total (2 inches around my hips alone)!!!
I know I told myself that I would not step on the scales until Oct 31 - but I just couldn't wait - I CHEATED! THESE results are definitely encouraging to me.
For my diet, I continue to make the effort to keep my calories between 1000-1100 per day using the Biggest Loser 4-3-2-1 Pyramid.
I have not found myself to be hungry (except for one day I forgot to have my protein at lunch) and I am satisfied most of the day.
As for my workout....
I continue to do 45 minutes of hard cardio per day.
Up to this point, I have been doing 15 minutes of treadmill, 15 minutes elliptical and 15 minutes of treadmill.
I start off with my first 15 minutes of increasing the incline every 3 minutes, bringing it up to about 6.0 or 7.0 mostly always walking between 3.3 and 3.7 mph. By about minute 6-8, I like my heart rate to be between 130-140 and keep it there for the first 15 minutes.
Once I finish this, I jump on the elliptical where I keep my heart rate between 130-140. Every 2-3 minute I work harder to get my heart rate into the 150's (for 2-3 minutes) - then slow down for 2-3 minutes and so on until my 15 minutes is up.
Then I get back on the treadmill and start off where I left off on my 1st 15 minutes and work my way backwards. Sometimes, I had got myself into a run for about 20-30 seconds at about 4.3 mph. This is as far as I could handle - but I plan to start trying to go longer and faster.
Yesterday, for the first time - I ran for 48 seconds at 4.8 mph at an incline of 2.0. I was SO proud of myself.
Once I finish my cardio, I usually did my arms or legs on the circuit machines and would do 80 varying sit ups (crunches, elbow to knee for obliques or bicycles for lower abs) - doing 8 sets of 10 each. I can feel my abs getting stronger than I was at the beginning.
TODAY - Mon, OCT 17 I am meeting with Shawn (my trainer) to get an official weight program.
My biggest challenge this week, was yesterday. Our church hosted a pot luck with lots of yummy food. I brought my own salad and managed to stay focused. The only extras I had was 4 little turkey meatballs and 1/2 of a 2 bite brownie (that brownie alone was 70 calories - but SO worth it)! AND...I still managed to stay just below 1000 calories for the day!
Looking forward to this weeks weigh in to see how I've been doing.
It's been a LONG while
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment