Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sat Nov 17 - Beijing (touring)

So far our first day in China is great! We all slept well...in fact, we needed an alarm to wake us (surprisingly)! I feel more awake than I've felt in weeks!

Today we changed our money, then went touring with two other families. Went through the Hutong Alley's on ricshaws...well, that was interesting. Picture this 120 lb man (a smoker at that) lugging arond Jacques and I)!! Ha! Needless to say, he was a great sport about it!

We got to visit a family home in these alleys, go to the Dum Tower and watch a performance (very interesting, high and loud).

Just relaxing for a bit until we go with the group for supper.

I will try to upload some photos and post later (it's not an easy task with this computer and internet)!

Until next time....2 days to our girl!

Tara

2 comments:

Dan and Karen said...

Love it! We loved the Hutong tour too, great way to see 'real' China. Hint. pearls in Beijing are nicer than pearls elsewhere (pearl market) If you are inclined to buy pearls I recommend getting them there.

Have fun!

Karen

Heather H. said...

Glad your tour is going well. Sorry about the computer frustration. :( I'm sure your excitement is building like crazy to reach Faith. Safe travels to province.