Last few days have been quite busy and the internet is PAINFULLY SLOW :( Have tried to log on several times...but often it just lags and times out. Oh well...
Saturday, we assembled paperwork for Faith's Citizenship, went to visit The Summer Palace (beautiful, can only imagine it in the summer). I had someone attempt to steal something from my bag - yikes! Kinda freaked me out...but quickly got over it.
Sunday (today) we went to The Great Wall.... the views on the drive there and once we got there were AMAZING. I mean, I love mountains added with the GREAT Wall was awesome. We didn't make it very far (seriously) - it was STEEP....then with a 26 lb peanut in a sling to boot....well...you know the story. Jacques and Noah continued to go up farther than Faith and I but Jacques fear of heights prevented them from going farther than Noah wanted! To say that I've been there, and walked on the wall, OH and attached our lock (and Noah threw the keys over) was enough for me!! Oh and we also visited the Jade Factory...quite amazing the size of the store and some of the pieces.
We had a very early morning this morning....had to have breakfast and meet in the lobby for 8:30 am. Luckily, we had some 'down' time from about 4:30 pm today and don't meet until NOON tomorrow - YAY!! Some quiet family time!!!
On the agenda tomorrow is the Beijing Zoo and an Acrobat Show in the evening.
Faith must be having a growing spurt or something, she didn't stop eating today. She LOVES the mandarin oranges....so do we. They are the BEST flavour I've EVER tasted....oh my YUM!!! But seriously, eating non-stop today....and I mean 'pull at your arms and bring it closer to her' kinda 'that' hungry! Though she's somewhat of a fussy eater (more in terms of she's having a harder time with many solid foods and she hoards it in her mouth), today she ate so much!! Found out she LOVED steamed egg...so does Noah! So we found out how to make it the Chinese style!
It's been a LONG while
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment